Martial Arts to Develop a Winners Attitude. “Winners in life have clearly defined, constantly referred to, game plans and purposes. They know where they’re going every day, every month, every year. Their objectives range all the way from daily priorities to lifetime goals. And when they’re not actively pursuing their goals, they’re thinking about them—hard! They know the difference between goal achieving acts and those which are merely tension-relieving…and they concentrate on the former. Winners say, “I have a plan to make it happen. I’ll do want’s necessary to get what I want.” Losers say, “I’ll try to hang in there—muddle through the day somehow.”
The Martial Arts are a great platform to help you learn how to develop a winner’s attitude. It takes determination, effort and discipline to accomplish high levels in the martial arts. One of the hidden benefits of Martial Arts is that it teaches you to develop these skills while you are having fun and building a passion at the same time. Here are three important key’s you will need to accomplish what you set out to do.
1- Mindset using Martial Arts to Develop a Winners Attitude
- You become what you think about most of the time.
- Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world.
- To accomplish anything, you need to focus your energy there.
- When you think and talk about what you want you begin to move towards your goals and your goals start to move towards you.
- The more you think about what you want and how to get it the more positive and optimistic you will become. Write it down, post reminders and visualize the out come.
2- Martial Arts to Develop a Winners Attitude. Have Clearly Defined Goals (You can’t hit a target you can’t see).
- What are your lifetime goals?
- What are your priority goals? Career, Physical, Family, Personal, Attitude, Educational, etc…
- You will often make a list when you go to the grocery store. Why not make a list of the things that are most important to us? List 3 things you wish to accomplish within the next year of training. Break those 3 down; what do you need to accomplish every month to obtain that goal? What would you need to do weekly? Daily?
3- Martial Arts to Develop a Winners Attitude includes Taking Action
- Assemble support material, for each of your goals. Articles, books, audios, videos, picture, etc…
- Review your goals daily with people who support you.
- Set short range goals-Day, Week, Month, 6 Month (relatively easy to accomplish goals). These should be incremental goals (small steps that will lead you towards your bigger long-term goals).
- Reward yourself for your accomplishments.
Follow these steps and you will be well on your way to accomplishing more than you thought was possible. Also check out Martial arts to increase your positive self-expectancy for more ideas on mental strategies.