The Rear Naked Choke from the Back Mount is a method that is great whether you are in competition, or an actual fight with an assailant. The moment you have the back of an opponent in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you can do the most damage without the risk of your opponent doing anything to you. These instructions start the moment you have achieved the back mount on your opponent. As always, these instructions should be considered positional, if you see an opening on the other arm or side, you simply reverse the instructions as you see them here to make them applicable.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Techniques: Rear Naked Choke – The breakdown
- While in the back mount, move your right arm around front of your opponents neck
- To ensure that you are perfectly positioned, make sure that your elbow is right underneath the chin of your opponent
- Reach around, and place your right hand onto your left bicep. When you do this, you make sure that you have the maximum amount of pressure onto your opponent
- Move your left hand around the back of the head of your opponent
- Alternatively, move your left hand around your right shoulder if you are that flexible to ensure that you put more leverage onto your opponent
- Push your elbows together, this fully applies the choke onto the neck of your opponent
One different way to fully apply the choke is by pulling your shoulders back.
- When you push your shoulders back, you want to inhale and take an extra deep breath.
- While you do this, push the head of your opponent forwards to ensure that your opponent is not going to get out of the choke.
While it may be good to learn some additional BJJ from this website, finding the highest quality Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training center in Portland, OR is going to benefit you in making sure that you get the technique down to a tee.