How to do a Double Leg Takedown in Portland, Oregon:
When we train to do a Double Leg Takedown in Portland, Oregon there are a few key points that we need to be aware of. This is a highly effective technique when done correctly and well timed. Timed incorrectly this technique is easily countered by a sprawl and can also leave you susceptible to a guillotine choke. So, when training in the Double Leg Takedown in Portland, Oregon as when training any technique, the key to success is repetition.
Step By Step Technique for the Double Leg Takedown in Portland, Oregon
- Set up your shoot either by widening your stance as you step back from the opponents strike or by feinting high with a jab and then shooting low.
- Drive one of your knees on the ground between your opponent’s feet Sink the hips so that your back is straight and you can use the leg strength in your takedown. DO NOT bend at the waist and try to haul your opponent up with the strength of your back.
- Grab both of the opponents legs at the knee with your hands.
- Drive up and forward with your legs as you pull in and to one side with your hands, pushing your shoulder into their abdomen/chest.
- As you fall and land the take down try to pass the legs so that the opponent can’t wrap you in their guard. If they do manage to hook you with their feet you can immediately work the bear hug to legs to pass.
Saftey when training the Double Leg Takedown in Portland, Oregon:
When we train the Double Leg Takedown in Portland, Oregon, safety in our highest priority. Don’t try this one with skilled instruction and proper training mats.
Learn more about other training like the Double Leg Takedown in Portland, Oregon