Eight Silken Brocades Qigong Form – Hold Ankles
- Inhale – The hands lift to the small of your back. Rest the left hand in the right palm on the Ming Men acupuncture point
- Exhale – Lean back, arching throughout the spine and spine and gaze up
- Inhale – Use the expansion of the inhale to draw your body back to center
- Exhale – The middle finger of each hand runs down the outside of the leg as you fold forward with the exhale. At your full bend, hold the ankles lightly
- Hold this position for three or more breaths
- Inhale – Roll up the spine until your back is straight. Run the finger up the outside of the leg, along the meridian, as you rise
- Repeat this Eight Silken Brocades qigong movement three or more times.
Some of the benefits of this movement of the Eight Silken Brocades Qigong:
- Strengthens the abdomen and lower back
- Maintains and improve the condition of the spine
- Releases tension from the back and neck
- Encourages blood flow to the brain
Previous movement in the Eight Silken Brocades Qigong – Swinging Head and Shoulders
Next movement in the Eight Silken Brocades Qigong – Shadow Boxing
This information is meant for reference and to give an idea of the details involved in all of Eight Brocades qigong movements. In order to receive the benefits of an internal arts practice it is vital that you seek qualified instruction.
If you are in the Portland, OR area and would like to know more about learning Qigong. Contact us here.
If you are outside of Portland and would like information about our seminars or instructorship please visit this page: Martial Arts Seminars & Instructorship